Sunday, August 07, 2022

Breakfast With Rock Gods

What a full-on week it's been! There may be time to write about some of it this coming week when I'm on holiday in Scotland (holiday! holiday! Scotland! Scotland!)

The title of the post is what one of our fellow B&B-ers said to us (they weren't there for Rebellion). Here, for now, are some photies (Scottish for photos, practicing) taken at Rebellion. Big thanks to Jennie, Gaye and of course Gina. There is so much to write but I'm so very tired, having been buzzing on adrenaline since Tuesday. This is a mad life, but it's a good one. 

These pictures are completely jumbled up- you'll see Pauline Murray, Gaye Black, Gina Birch, Don Letts, Pam Hogg, Rhoda Dakar and more here. Just about the only music I saw was Attila the Stockbroker's Barnstormer. He showed up and sat in the front row while I was playing which was sweet: right back in 1977 we played so many gigs with him and it's amazing to see him still around doing his stuff. And of course I watched Pauline and Gina's sets- the rest of it was talking and listening, and I learned loads, as well as becoming a complete fan of Pam Hogg. And even more of a fan of Rhoda's, who homes in on the truth like a laser. And at last, I managed to acquire one of Gaye's fabulous badges, after giving away all the others I'd bought.











No comments: