Friday, July 08, 2022

Photos from the Country Soul Sessions

I think these photographs are probably by Stephen Tagg Randall, the house photographer at The Country Soul Sessions. We did have a really great gig, and I hope there will be a video of it on Youtube at some point. Meanwhile Wizz has cancelled my flight to Vienna for the Mccookerybook and Rotifer duo gig there, but I'm not giving up on that one yet. I think they'll have to offer another flight. In other news (yes, I've been watching the REAL news and I don't think Johnson has resigned at all), I've spent the day fine-tuning the album tracks, taking out little clicks and whooshes. I've had to stop because I got so tired. I did go out for a walk to clear my head, because mixing my music has become almost an addiction. It's going to be an 11-track CD with three bonus tracks (which I haven't 'inspected' yet), called Drawing On My Dreams. That's because I dream so many songs. I'm probably dug in for the rest of the weekend doing this so I can send it to Ian Button to be mastered on Monday. Last night I went to the launch of ex-UEL student Paul Hanford's book, Coming to Berlin https://velocitypress.uk/team/paul-hanford/ It was cathartic to see a graduate from the music degree do so well and it was great to see him again, and an added bonus to see Vanessa Lobon and Colm Forde from Doc'n'Roll and have a good chinwag with them. 


 

No comments: