Sunday, April 03, 2022

I'm Tired

The whole week, I've been tired. I have done three negative lateral flow tests and one ONS test, all negative. Yet I've had a sore throat, fatigue and headaches, and have been napping the the afternoons and sleeping for ten-hour nights. No social life for me- which meant missing the Asbo Derek gig in Brighton last night, not just the great live band side of things but also the social side. They have such a great audience: a real mix of people all drawn together by the weird mix of warmth and smuttiness that the band project. I had a few moments of thinking about their late drummer Brian Blaney yesterday, and his frustrated shouts of 'Get on wi' it!' as Jem rambled down some funny corridor of nonsense. What a gig to miss! The band had got together to commemorate Brian in the best way possible- by playing. I think there is going to be a next time, and I shall be there.

No comments: