Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Hemmed In

The place where I'm staying has filled up. Next door is a barrister with a very loud, strident voice whose phone pings every time he's not on it discussing his cases in great detail. He talks to his wife in the same tone of voice.

The couple on the other side talk quietly but bang the doors a lot. 

I've been lucky having the solitude for a day and a half. This is a different kettle of fish. 

Maybe I should write a very loud rock song to push back against the noise.

There's something very The Prisoner about this place. A tiny bit of 'Thou shalt do things our way'. It's definitely a faux pas to be wearing a duffel coat; women are clad in Joules and Brora, and wear stout boots. My feet are quite annoyed this morning. Seven miles was a bit extreme. Shorter walk today, I think.

No comments: