Tuesday, January 16, 2024

What Have I Done So Far?

Well, I've written three quarters of a miserable song. My own fault- I told someone yesterday that I'm a folk artist just because it was the easiest thing to say, and made a premonition that came into being.

On the plus side- I've made a new intro for a song that was sounding too similar to one I've already recorded. I've also decided to revive a song that I've never released because it was too bitter and twisted in its previous format. It was true, but it was bitter and twisted, and it felt undignified to release it. It's getting a new set of lyrics, and so is another song from the 'archive'.

I've walked seven miles, not intentionally, but I had to leave my room temporarily because the shower looked as though it was going to flood and I asked them to fix it. The thing is, it's beautifully sunny out there and I couldn't resist the frost and the hills. I took my notebook and rather than writing lyrics, I unintentionally gave myself a therapy session. I suppose that's the same thing, just dressed in different garb.

I think the frost is here all day in some places. I watched a couple of swans fixing their feathers on the banks of the river and took out my phone to photograph them. They wouldn't pose (they never do), and a robin showed up and perched right in front of me, wanting to have its own portrait taken. 

Yes, yes, OK!

Then an unleashed dog called Ziggy charged around the corner in a flurry of leaves and dribble and barked at the swans just as they were ready for their shoot. They flustered off into the water and floated away nervously. 

'Naughty Ziggy', cooed its owner nonchalantly. 'Naughty owner', snarled my brain. 

The robin laughed.


No comments: