Friday, January 12, 2024

Preparing for The Chefs Vinyl Album

Some time later this year there's going to be a double vinyl album of The Chefs music, minus the songs we recorded as Skat, but plus an unreleased album we recorded (which is going to be sonically rescued by an expert engineer in Hull) and also an unspecified mystery track. That one, I've got to get off a vinyl album and I'm in the process of organising that. Next week, I'll do sleeve notes with James McCallum. I found loads of photos, posters and other artwork to send to Alison, who will be designing the sleeve. It's going to be released on coloured vinyl by Damaged Goods. Exciting!

I reckon we'll do a duo gig around about the release date in summer, just for fun. I'll have finished recording and mixing our four track EP of Chefs covers by then and I hope to find someone to release that too in some format or other. Because James does covers of You Get Everywhere and Stuck on You, and I play Northbound Train, we probably have a half-hour set between us, especially if we did Femme Fatale or even (gasp!) Thrush. Let's see how the cookie crumbles. I say that because I'm making bread!

1 comment:

Wilky of St Albans said...

"unspecified mystery track". So something from the Vaultage samplers then

lets hope its 'locked out'. Still my most sung Chefs track. Even more than 24 Hours