Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Mum's Revenge

Due to unfeasibly early start when a huge car transporter rolled up to take away my killer car, I'm listening to Vic's new album which turned up this morning and is going to 'drop' on Mother's Day.
I have stopped reviewing albums but this is a listen, not a review. So...

My favourite track is Opus, a wobbly Northern Soul track, although I also like Neil Palmer's spoken word track, and Lessons 2B Learnet, which is quite Beefeartish. I love Inertia, which is downright bonkers. There is a thread of scratchy Sterling Morrison influenced guitar all the way through.
It's not a schmoove album by any stretch of the imagination. Hooray!

Shouts to Ruth, Dave and all the others on this album. It feels particularly friendly.
Oh yes, and I sing a Francoise Hardy duet with Vic on it, too.


No comments: