Thursday, March 21, 2019

17 To 12

We have recorded seventeen tracks, and now I have to choose twelve to make an album out of. Some fo the songs have been hovering around for years, and others are brand new. There is a ten day ears-rest and think-break.
I still haven't got a name for it, either, but that's nice: almost like the icing in a cake that gets put on last.
I have loved every minute of doing this album, and will miss the recording sessions when it is finished.

I haven't been doing many wordy postings, mainly due to the amount that I've been working; lecturing has been full on but very rewarding, although the 43 websites being handed in next Thursday are a terrifying prospect particularly since I have to mark them straight away because online work can be altered at any time.

Life is surreal: moths have now completely taken over the house despite early morning hunting expeditions with a lurid green Robert Dyas 'feather duster' and a healthy dose of moth-rage.

And the poor car, languishing on Gumtree. Alas, it's the scrap merchants on Saturday so I can reboot and re-wheel, for very soon touring starts and so does travelling with the documentary.

Here on the red chairs, students have been showing up every half an hour since 10.30 a.m.
At 3, I got a tea break.
Will the late afternoon students show up?
If not, I'm off to TK Maxx to look for bargainz, or ugly things to feel pity for. In fact, I think I'll do that anyway.

No comments: