Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Starts Easy, Ends Hard

I've spent the last couple of days methodically doing lots of things my feet have not wanted to move me towards. I have marked forty essays (more to come, unforchly), paid forty bills and done forty houseworks (both more to come, unforchly).
I have played forty guitars too, though, which has been a total lifesaver as usual.
I am trying to remember to practice old songs as well as write new ones, and sometimes I forget the chords and have to work them out from scratch. I don't write them down as I don't know what a lot of them are- they are weird ones I make up to fit in to whatever I want to hear. I did buy a guitar chord book but it's buried under a pile of papers at the moment.
I have also done a bit of drawing, for Peter and the Penguins, and when the Art Shop opens again after its long New Year break I am going to Investigate Pens. It is part of the New Year Plan to seriously start drawing again as well as musicking more than ever.
I see this recession as an opportunity to spread my creative wings even more and flap about like a blissful idiot while everyone else is moaning. Honestly, what can we all do about it? The thing that concerns me infinitely more is that aggressive men are still wasting money on destroying people's lives, families and homes, claiming historical justification for this.
Sixty per cent of British manufacturing income comes from manufacturing weapons. That's why we all live so nicely in our lined-up houses with our white goods, plentiful food and smug attitudes to people in the developing world.
Those bombs, mines, bullets, grenades, and other horrific ways of injuring, maiming and killing people all over the world have 'Made in Britain' stamped upon them.

No comments: