Monday, January 12, 2009

All Systems Go!

Have fun to chase the rants away! I had recorded my space song All Systems Go! but it was all systems too slow, so tonight I did a rapid recording at a rapid speed- 140 bpms instead of 120. It's a silly demo but I put it on Myspace anyway. I used a Fender Telecaster and did two guitars tracks, one with loads of reverb and echo and one with loads and loads of reverb and echo. I think I might ask Steve Beresford if he'd like to put some nutty outer space sounds on it and Martin if he'd like to put some wild guitars. You have to wrestle with Garageband, which is harder to do neat quick edits on than Logic Audio, and there is such a buffering problem on my little computer but I thought up a wheeze of creating extra tracks, recording in short bursts and then editing them together. The programme took a while to catch up on that one and by then I was as finished as I could be. It's part of the fun of using Garageband, I think, working out how to get round it's belief that only hip hop and rock exist and everything else is a sonic mistake.
The cat turned up for her vocals but she was too late today and the piteous meowing happened at mixdown stage and I even managed to stroke her while I was splitting and neatening up the backing vocal tracks.

There are urls for a little review and an interview to come but a later posting for those.

Shouts to Sid, Ari and Shirley. You know why, lots of love.

No comments: