Friday, August 10, 2007

Pestilence, etcetera

I didn't go out last night, because I pulled open the kitchen drawer and found a rat's nest on top of the tea-towels. The hysteria over the fleas had only just subsided.
It was all too much.

In my musings of the wee small hours, it occurred to me that perhaps the Almighty was taken by my fretting that this blog was becoming boring, and the blights and pestilence have been sent to pep up the dreary scribblings and add a bit o' flava.

Well, OK, Almighty, I get the point. Could we just get back to gigs and recording and small observations about public transport?

I spent the not-going-out-time listening through the stuff I'd recorded on the go on my mobile, and throwing away the crap ideas. There is one beginning of a song that I really liked and I might work on that when the men from Rentokil have gone.

I have also had an idea.
I would like a huge choir to sing on my holly'n'ivy Christmas song and anybody who reads this is welcome to join it. I will probably record the song in September, and if you'd like to sing on it, send me an email and I will do my best to organise you. I will buy you a lolly for doing it. You don't have to be a singer, just up for a laugh, and I will send you instructions nearer the time.
helen_mccookerybook@yahoo.co.uk
Go on, be brave!

No comments: