Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ouch

I had surgery upon my eyelid yesterday, and will spare you the details. Suffice to say that I have to prepare a blend of pink and blue eyeshadow to make the left eye match the right eye, as I am meeting up with Caroline Coon today to give her her copy of the Lost Women of Rock Music. I am so looking forward to seeing her, as she is huge fun and I haven't seen her since the party.
The University of the East have said they want to do a launch too, which is great news. This is going to be a boat with more launches than anything else I think; different flavours, different locations, different crews.
Nothing else to report today, apart from the fact that I am the only person in the house that allows the cats to sit on me; having been a ghastly squatter years ago, I'm completely immune to flea bites and can watch the blighters hop on and then off me in frustration because I am not a tasty morsel at all, I'm a bitter old hag that tastes of grapefruit and vinegar.
I have been offered lots of gigs in the autumn and I am inclined to say yes to them all as they are all over the place and they sound like fun. I also think at some point I will have finished the next album and will be able to take that along with me. But just playing live is such a blast, I do really like it; it's like having a blood transfusion, all the miserable watery grey blood replaced by happy red corpsuckles full of oxygen and birthday presents.
Or something like that.
I think I probably got up too early this morning.

No comments: