Friday, August 03, 2007

Kilburn and Fleas

Thank you for your comment, Knife and Fork.

I remember when I used to live in a bedsit by myself in Kilburn, lying there listening to John Peel one night. He suddenly went off on one, saying 'There's nobody listening, is there? I'm just here rambling away to myself, and there's nobody really out there at all'.
I burst out laughing, because that's exactly what I was feeling at the time- like a solitary person in a box with a bed and a sink and a chest of drawers, listening to the only other person who happened to be alive in the whole world.

Well, today I'm heading north to Edinburgh to visit McMum and McDad and eat as much fudge as I can cram into my gob.
It's a lovely sort of a day, shame to be in a car but I loaded up the iPod last night with everything from Johnny Cash and Wanda Jackson to the Shaggs and even the Klaxons. Wnndows open, my fave road the A1 (you see I am a nerd in every aspect of life), Little Chefs, fakelyricking every song, megaflask (Stanley, no less!) of coffee, stop off in beautiful Northumberland for the night,
wot a wizz!
And I'm playing in Edinburgh at Foakies on Tuesday to boot. It's a bit dull being there at Fringe-time if you're not doing a show so I am gonna enjoy that. I have been playing some old songs; I still have a cold but the fresh sea air of Edinburgh (tempered by a cartload of diesel exhaust fumes from those tourist buses) might put paid to that.
Got to take the cats to the boarding cattery first- the cats and their millions of fleas. I will keep quiet about the fleas just in case they charge extra for boarding those too.
Actually, if you read back through this blog you will find rather a good story about fleas and West Hampstead. Never let it be said that I am not a cross-referencer!

No comments: