Friday, July 27, 2007

My Book is Expensive

I don't want anyone to buy my book if they haven't got much money. Order it from a library (they will get it for you) or wait for the paperback (maybe write to the publisher, Ashgate, and ask if they are going to produce one). It's a dense read, has no pictures and is quite political about things. Although there are some great interviews! I wanted to be able to say what I wanted to say without a publisher saying that it had to be commercial. All that stuff has been said before in picture-books with sexy punklets, and I didn't want to write one of them, even though I might have got ricjh on the proceeds.
The BBC website's not working proerly so I haven't been bale to listen to the Woman's Hour broadcast but I am sure I'll survive without it. Thank you to the people who sent texts- that was very exciting!
I have some leaflets that give a 25% reduction in price before August and if you email me with a land address I will post one to you: helen_mccookerybook@yahoo.co.uk
Umm... oh yes! I have that gig at Viva Viva on Sunday evening, do come and if you get there before 8 I will have the reduced-price drink and food tickets. I still have a cough so I might be barking out the songs a bit but I'm going to the seaside tomorrow for the day and perhaps the sea air will clear it up. Meanwhile I'm swiggin' back the Benilyn Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy, poppin' the aspirins, and will deffo be playing new songs that night.
Toodle-pip!!

No comments: