Saturday, August 11, 2007

Own Trumpetblowing


Yesterday I met up with Ruth Gibson, a friend I haven't seen for almost ten years. She used to be a choreographer, and created the best dance moment I have ever seen when she appeared in a full size horse costume, front part, with the back legs trailing behind like a strange sort of wedding dress train. It was a beautiful costume and a poignantly funny moment, because the worst thing a dancer can do is not move, and she was completely restricted by the horse.
We met in a caff in Spitalfields, talked ourselves insensible and then she took me to the new Rough Trade, which amazing- the exact opposite of the old one off Portobello Road (which I still really like), but well worth a visit, for its hugeness and spaciousness. We were looking for my CD and I was sure it souldn't be there- I don't know what sort of music I am anyway; all I know is that I'm not heavy metal. I was happily embarrassed not to be on the shelves and then discovered this- so I had to take a nerdy phonephoto, didn't I?
Ruth makes Gameboy Computer Art now with Bruno and I'll post the details of her site when I am sitting next to my bag (I'm on the floor in the front room with the fleas at the moment)
I got the new copy of Nude magazine today- it's like a child's comic for adults, a funky Look and Learn that leans more towards the Dan Dare and less towards the 50 Facts About The British Monarchy You Didn't Know scenario.
See you later.

No comments: