Sunday, May 06, 2007

Hoovering

I suppose you can get into your gig with hoovering just as much as anything else, really.
I have just hoovered my room.
Headstocks on all electric guitars, and dusty necks.
Ladyshapes of fiddle with broken tuning peg
Banjo- boy does she look better all shiny! I can forgive that viciously high action that makes her impossible to play! And what a nice resonance when I ran the brush along her strings!
Hofner semi-acoustic bass I used to play in the Chefs- not too grubby.
Spanish guitar, sorry I keep forgetting to play you, mate.
Bookshelves, in between the silly things I can't prevent myself from collecting
Accordion, sorry I never got you fixed petal, give me time and I'll take you down to Allodi's in Lewisham, other side of town, to get tuned and fixed, too expensive at the moment.
Put photos of Chefs and Helen and the Horns on the bed so I don't hoover them up- must remember to scan them later
Under old Electrovoice microphone not worth a thing on eBay unforchly.
Door mouldings, windowsill (this is serious detail, folks, I am not usually so thorough!)
Computer keys- put Archie Bell and the Drells 'Let's Groove' on pause by accident. Starts up again- 'Can't Get Used to Losing You' by Andy Williams, one of the most frighteningly sinister songs in the universe, next to 'Green Door'. Thought about The Beat and 'Stand Down Margaret' dub version, absolutely brilliant, shame it didn't make her stand down.
Harmon Kardon fancy speakers- couldn't get 'em to work until I realised you had to switch them on at the computer. All shiny and space-age now although I can't get the bits out of the middle of the bass speaker- howja do that? Boom boom boom.....
Finally the vaccuum cleaner turned on its back like a turtle and died.
What a relief.

I have hidden the last Walnut Whip from everybody, and when they are busy I'm going to go and eat it.

No comments: