Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Yet Another Music Posting

How boring these postings must be if you're not a music recorder-er!

Today, I erased the vocal that I did for 24 Hours. It wasn't good enough and I couldn't re-sing it (tired voice), so I'm saving it for later in the week. I finished one of Gina's songs and almost finished another one, but I'm in a non-Broadband area unfortunately, and they wouldn't upload to Wetransfer to her so I'll have to take them round there. Old-fashioned! A person goes to another person's house and gives them something!

I opened a project for one fo my album songs, then realised that the guitar I needed for that is upstairs and I was too lazy to go up to get it. I did work out the correct speed, though. 108 BPM, FYI.

On Sunday at the Small Label Fair at The Betsey Trotwood I bought a couple of CDs, and one of them had a bitter and twisted song on it that made me realise that bitter and twisted songs aren't a good idea after all. I looked at the new words I'd written for my own previously bitter and twisted song, and decided that they would be OK to sing instead. I tweaked a couple of words and will probably record that soon, when I've been upstairs and collected the different guitar that I record with.

I think it's been one of those days where it seems that nothing as happened, but it actually has. I'm going to Dublin in April: that's all being planned. There are gigs in the pipeline, and I'm trying to be sensible and clump them together in a vaguely 'tour' formation, but let's see how that progresses. I'll be singing backing with Robert Rotifer in his band at the Country Soul sessions on the 3rd of March. Right up there in the sky of my head, trying not to squeak. Serves me right for seeing how high I could sing on his record! It's worth it for Robert's gorgeous songs though, and for the craic of hanging out with his band of buddies.



No comments: