Saturday, February 17, 2024

Meep

It's such a long time since I've been ill that I'm not used to it. I'm an impatient patient, straining at the reins to feel better. I think tomorrow at least is cancelled; today definitely has been.

I don't even want to watch TV (too loud and juddery), so I'm sitting here listening to my tinnitis and the cars hissing by my window (rock lyric reference). I am also wearing a dress.

I managed to pack a bag of DVDs into a box to put up in the loft, which I thought was quite clever considering how feeble I am today. Luckily, I sourced (!) some decent hot cross buns after being furious with Waitrose for shrinkflating them. With the latter, you open the packet and inhale an aroma, and that's it. Iceland has nice stodgy sticky ones that taste of cinnamon and work well with the 50% butter/50% HCB ratio.

I did such a lot last week that I'm not feeling that time is being wasted. I've been lucky not to succumb yet to the ten week cough, the fifth-time-around (for some) Covid, and the various other evil ailments that have been slicing through the population recently. It's annoying not to be able to go out to town (but I have a proxy doing that for me), not to be able to walk on the soggy common and visit the furniture ducks (little brown ones that look like bedknobs), or even to the shop to buy more tea. Let them drink coffee, or even water. I'll stick to the hot cross buns for today.


No comments: