Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Jingling

On Christmas Eve I nipped out to the shops to get something last minute. As I closed the front door, I heard jingling. 'No', I thought, 'That's impossible'.

But further down the street, a Santa Claus in all his splendour had strolled into the little café and was standing at the counter alongside a bunch of astonished customers.

Well I never.

On another note, my complaints about a lack of Lindt Chocolate Santas were alleviated today by the fact that they have already started stocking Lindt Easter Bunnies in the local supermarket. Bliss.

1 comment:

Wilky of St Albans said...

It's like christmas never happened in the supermarkets. Doors close christmas eve - down come the decorations.

I'll revise my previous comment:

Happy Birthday
Happy New Year
Happy Easter