Thursday, December 14, 2023

Outside the BBC Experience

This photo by Nikita is from Tuesday's Christmas get-together organised by the ECDC. It was a chilly night, but there were a few people there from the community art workshop and it was really nice to chat with them. There was also a supply of possibly the most delicious drinking chocolate that I've drunk for years!

Some of the portraits that I drew of local people are on display upstairs at Conversation Corner on Lillie Road. Nikita showed me this, which is on a hoarding outside the BBC Experience. I didn't know about it! I still feel that it was one of the nicest project I've done in my life, for more reasons that I could possibly enumerate. Partly, to have a project in my head and then an immediate opportunity to realise that- well, that's very rare.

Anyway, more working on Beefheart, the Musical today. We had a good working day yesterday resulting in one complete song and one to complete this morning, plus two in the pipeline and another idea to work on early next week. Because of the January deadline we're working very intensely, and I slept like a log last night.

Somewhere in the middle of this is Christmas. I walk past fir trees piled up for sale and inhale that wonderful scent. Should I get one this year? It's so tempting!

No comments: