Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Mini Boxing Day Task

In between finishing the mint creams (any more than four and you're tasting chocolate-covered toothpaste), eating a cold repeat Christmas dinner, watching North by Northwest (never seen it before- what a fantastic film), and a bracing walk in the soggy greenery, I have been embroidering Gina's labcoat for the Beefheart musical. Mine already says 'Dr Punk' because I once thought that I was going to a fancy dress party in Whitby as a frightening dentist with a necklace of false teeth, until I discovered that it was a children's Hallowe'en party and not for adults at all! 

Anyway here it is in progress, ham-coloured and imperfect. Everything I do is imperfect, though not everything is ham-coloured. Why 'Blinking Ham'? You'll have to ask Gina.



No comments: