Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Ebay Ephemera

I was doing a vanity search yesterday (an occasional indulgence) and found these. A ticket from a gig The Monochrome Set played at Kingston Poly where Helen and the Horns did one of our first ever gigs- if not the first- in 1983 (not 1984 as the seller says). That was where I realised that we had something that people liked- the audience listened right from the start, all the way through. 

Three cheers for the Monochrome Set for giving us a start. They did the same for Bananarama, apparently. 

The next thing I found was a copy of Shingles, my first published comic. I rounded up my friends and asked them to contribute anything they could think of, and they did: even a recipe for Spotted Dick. Rather than costing the cover price of 50 pence, this one costs £38.57 plus £30 postage, and coms from the United States. I wonder how it got there? Shall I release the small pile of them that I have under the stairs, and upend the market?

I was having a look because I have some band memorabilia that I'm thinking of selling. I've had to take a sabbatical from eBay because they insist on only paying money into a bank account and I haven't got a McCookerybook one. I'll have to set up a new profile which is a pain in the bum- but there's such a pile of stuff upstairs, including a load of vintage clothes, that I think I'll have to do it. As with anything tech these days I know it will be massively time-consuming and inconvenient, so I'll have to set aside a week. Either that or just decide to donate the lot to a charity shop and let them have the profits. Maybe I'll do that instead.




1 comment:

Wilky of St Albans said...

Yay! that was my birthday! Still is...