Thursday, February 02, 2023

Pluses and Minuses

I haven't been able to get to the studio today to draw, which has been a big disappointment. Yesterday, I spent the day in bed with a raging sore throat, and today I was exhausted. It's something going round, but the Covid test that I did was negative. 
In my head are all the plans I had to finish my drawings of the two community police officers, and Jerome the busker.
Well, there are minuses and pluses. At five o'clock this morning, I woke up with a new melody in my head. I haven't written a fresh melody for about a month and a half, although I've had lots of ideas for lyrics. 'Receiving' the melody first is weird, because it's harder to fit lyrics into a new melody than to write a melody for a new lyric, but I've just worked out the chords to go underneath it.
I might even be able to catch up on a bit of drawing tomorrow at home if the sun shines enough.

No comments: