Tuesday, February 21, 2023

More Drawings

Yesterday I went to Point101 in Hackney to get the first 15 drawings scanned- nine A3 drawings and six A4s. I have asked for a proof for glicee printing- fine art quality, and I'm just waiting for the go-ahead with that.

The community centre closed early and so I left my first attempt at an A2 drawing and decided to start something else (actually, it's still A3 size but just has plenty of breathing space). At home, where everything topples over because of lack of space, I drew this cat 'helping' a little boy to play football. As with all cats everywhere it wasn't quite sure of the rules, but the little boy was happy for the company.

Today's drawing is the chap at the fruit stall. I can't seem to get his foreshortened arm looking right, but his face is OK. I've spent hours drawing today and I'm just having a cup of ginger tea before the art workshop. They are so motivated that a group came last week, even though it was half term and I wasn't around. That's a good result, I think: they sat and drew and chatted. Let's see who shows up today.




No comments: