Friday, February 10, 2023

Documentary Drawings

Because I've not been at the studio (horrendous cold), I went there on Wednesday, which was simultaneously a good and a bad idea. The barista whose portrait I'd been keeping back until they gave permission for me to use it seemed to be delighted with the drawing; I carried on along the road and there was an extremely nattily-dressed African academic just on the point of going into a restaurant; I also, with permission of the repair shop manager, photographed a mechanic mending a rather nice motorbike, plus the guy in the carpet shop which sells rolls of fake grass was also delighted to have his photograph taken.

But when I got home I had to go to bed at 7.30 and alas, yesterday I suffered too. I had withdrawn on the credit card of energy and spent the day blowing my nose from dawn till dusk and feeling very grumpy even at things that weren't annoying under normal circumstances. I did manage to do some drawing though: four hours solid, but I think I should have done an A4, rather than an A3 drawing of this particular subject.

Anyway, here's a catch up of the last few drawings. They don't look so dark in 'real life'.







No comments: