Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Glad Café on Thursday- and listening

It's been a day off- how rare these days! Gina Birch's rough mixes turned up in my inbox and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to them. She really has her own sound, her own sonic signature. The album has been along time coming but it's well worth the wait.

I also started running through songs for Thursday's gig. It was so nice to hold my guitar in my arms again and listen to it's twinkly sound. Ah yes- the cutting of the fingernails of the left hand! Those days are back!

And this is who is playing on the bill with me- I first saw them at one of Kevin Younger's lifesaving lockdown nights, where we all were invited to play cover versions on a theme each time. Russ and Saskia always came up with the goods and I can't wait to see them play in real life, although we have met on a couple of occasions.

Tickets on the door, or advance from here: https://www.wegottickets.com/event/537265


No comments: