Tuesday, March 29, 2022

At The Beer School

After a day relaxing in Manchester, I caught the train to Westhoughton for the gig at The Beer School. Lovely to see Darren-from-Bolton from Sunday Drawing Club and his partner Becky, and also Phil, the Man-Who-Saws-People-In-Half who I haven't seen for years, and who Lester Square and me know from Edinburgh Fringe shows in the 1980s. Blimey! And he is now a musician, too.

It was a completely informal gig, and we were joined on the decks by Kevin and Linda playing 1980s vinyl treasures, a.k.a. Atomic Pop Disco.

Amy was on fine form, singing some new songs. I particularly liked A Letter to Stephanie. This is another of her songs:


We sang our sets spliced together, two 20 minute slots each. People wandered in and out, ate cakes and drank beer, of course. I do miss Amy- I can understand why she left London and she is much happier in Westhoughton. We all conferred and there will be more gigs afoot at some point, with all of us.

You know what, I was knackered when I got home. More stinky trains, this one 30 minutes late. 

The thing is, it was a great gigging adventure!

No comments: