Friday, January 28, 2011

Limbo

Gasp! I'm up for breath for a day, catching up with designing a CD cover for Martin, and I may even go out for a walk to get some fresh air. I did six hours of data-inputting yesterday after being summoned into work: and all without my spectacles, which were lazing about in bed, the sods.
I have more work to do tomorrow. Sitting down so much is making gravity pull all loose parts of my body downwards, and I now have the bodily profile of a fir tree, more mass at the bottom and less at the top.
The Chefs tracks have arrived from Attrix in Brighton, but the guy at the BBC sent the Peel sessions to the wrong address. I keep thinking I will be able to make a start, and then not: but things are a bit more optimistic along those lines than they were six months ago!

Soon, I will have to look for photographs for the new edition of the book. I have an idea of what I want, but not the energy to proceed just yet. My body says 'No!', and unlike me, it has a loud and forceful voice.

Nat has asked me if I would like to participate in an evening of Madonna covers. It's not a quandary that I would normally make public but hey-ho, that's the mood of today!
Can't stand her... but what about doing a cover of her nastiest song, Hanky Panky, and adding a verse that criticises her? It would be fun to learn the chords but I might choke on the words and then I'd also be listening to everyone else's covers of her songs during the evening.
I won't rant any more than that, apart from to say that she deserves the Devil's Prize for Self-Misogyny (if there's such a concept); a generation of young and not-so-young girls now equate empowerment with taking their clothes off and displaying their bodies with minimal lacy coverments. UGH!!!

I think I've made my decision! He has lots of other interesting artists' work in the pipeline, including The Specials and Jacques Brel.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been a fan of Madonna - and to see her still writhing and thrusting her groin at the camera is revolting!

Wilky of St Albans said...

An evening of Singing Postman covers would be fun, and attract a huge audience


(huge does mean three or four doesn't it?)