Monday, January 24, 2011

The Boogaloo Bar, Tonight. Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed...

I am playing some songs at Nat the Hammer's night at the Boogaloo Bar in Highgate tonight from about 8 p.m..
He has hit on a really good idea: he invites artists to play a set that includes a cover version by a different  artist each time. I was supposed to do Billy Bragg but had to pull out as I was constantly losing my voice last term because of the amount of extra teaching I was doing (grrr).
So it's Veteran's Day Poppy by Captain Beefheart for me! I thought the Captain was going to win but I seem to have conquered some way of doing it within the last five minutes. I will be playing a new song tonight too, and an old one, and then just sitting back and listening.
The joy of these nights is the different acts you get to see.

No comments: