Thursday, November 13, 2008

Just got back from...

... a nice gig at Viva Viva; one of the other acts was great, a guy called Ivor Game. He played daftly happy songs with a very easy but deceptively complicated style; they were all short and sweet, and put a smile on everyone's faces.
Little Alison came with her beau, Les Curtis, who is a rockabilly drummer and knows Joe Guillan, which is a coincidence because I'm off up to Newcastle to record with Joe tomorrow! Another coincidence was that another drummer, Karen Yarnell (Gymslips and Renees) came with some friends too; and she liked my songs, which made me chuffed. Monty was there, happy because I played London for him.
I had a nice day at work because two students, both quite shy girls, sat down at the piano with the poetry of one and the chords of the other and started writing a really beautiful song together, greater than the sum of its parts. I just liked the way they were doing it, each one quietly encouraging the other, concentrating really hard, running through it bit by bit and smiling when they'd cracked a section of it.
Bless. That's what its all abaht!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! Joe Guillan is a god