Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Housework Avoidance


The urgency to make another posting has taken over from the (non) desire to do housework.
I saw four redwings out there today, being chased by blackbirds; here are two of them. I saw two bluetits, a wren and a robin as well. The little birds came back after I shifted that hanging bird feeder thing with seeds to where they could see it from the sky.
Before that I had been performing an interesting excavation of the kitchen cupboard, to the strains of Jim Byrne's lovely album, which I will review soon.
Angelica? Intriguing, I bought it for it's stringy plasticky green-ness. What's it for?
Crystallised violets, bought in Italy three years ago, I somehow thought that perhaps Italians lived on a diet of crystallised violets, tomatoes, olive oil and wine and this helped them to be good painters and ride Vespas.
Vanilla pods- loads of them! In long glass tubes like test tubes, which I have washed and will use either for my pretend chemistry set or as sniffing-tubes, because they still smell of vanilla.
What are sniffing-tubes, you ask? Not sure, as I've just invented them, but I'll be sure to elaborate when the idea has matured.
Lots of cinnamon. I just kept thinking of cinnamon toast when I was out and must have bought cinnamon every time. Atishoo!
Cocktail sticks: wishful thinking about parties and a half-orange with cheese'n'pineapple, probably.
There are also mysterious and possibly poisonous things in cardboard packets which I don't dare to throw away.

Anyway, here is the recipe for cinnamon toast in case you wondered what it was.
1. Make toast
2. Butter it
3. Sprinkle sugar on it
4. Sprinkle cinnamon on it
5. Put under grill until sugar and cinnamon melt and mix
6. Eat, perhaps with a mug of hot chocolate to wash down

1 comment:

Lulu LaBonne said...

Sniffing tubes must the gentler version of smelling salts