Monday, August 20, 2007

Bells and Moss

BINGBANGBONGBUNGDINGDANGDONGDUNG!
BINGBANGBONGBUNGDINGDANGDONGDUNG!
Yes, it's the Barnet campanologists ringing dem bells again!
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, said McMum, so I learned the bellringers craft in Wylam Parish Church, ringing the little bell (still a big bell) every Monday night with Stella Jackson and Simon Brough, my friends, and Australian man with a goatee who taught us what to do, and some older people who I've forgotten because I was young and silly and when you're young and silly, older people are invisible.
BINGBANGBONGBUNGDINGDANGDONGDUNG!
At the weekend, it was the chants from the Barnet ground floating up; the footy season has started again and for a little ground, those Barnet fans sure as heck make a noise. I'm gonna go to a match again soon; it's fun there 'cos you can see everything and they still have terraces.
The sounds of (human) nature!

About moss... well, perhaps the nettle garments that Eliza made for the thirteen swan princes... I'm going to get some dark green mohair and knit a big green sweater for winter. Maybe I will wear it for the cover photo of the next CD, a nice frumpy look, or maybe in my best dress halfway up a tree.

What plans this week, McCookerybook? Well, meeting Caroline tomorrow to give her her book (I bet I forget to take it!), recording cello parts on Wednesday and guitar parts on Thursday, may go to see Shimmy Rivers and Canal on Wednesday (they are good, they remind me of Blurt)
What me been listening to? well, High 7 Moon 5 by Martin Stephenson, which is really, really good (in spite of the fact that I sing on it) and made the chores a whole lot more bearable today (still clearing up after rats),and also the CD by Wet Dog which is packed full of energy and catchy songs. They have a Myspace, check them out, they're great. Perhaps a good band for Offline, Mike!
What have I been eating? Strawberries, of course, little red cheerful things!

No comments: