Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Recovering

It's such an odd life. I got back on Sunday night from Shipley quite quickly, but my brain was still heading down the M1 at speed and so I didn't go to bed until around midnight, whereupon my brain insisted on reliving the past three days in great detail. Why, why, why? Yesterday, I treated myself to a day of Nothing. Barely any TV (who wants to, anyway? It's literally hideous) and an early night reading a scary book. To get its revenge, my brain played reveille at full blast at 5 a.m. and although I tried to fall back to sleep again, I gave up at 6.45 and the day began.

I have been writing a talk for Friday which I'm doing on Zoom for the music department at the University of Cincinatti. I have felt a bit dislocated from my research lately because 'issues' to do with why I'm leaving my job have interrupted my connection with it. The early morning start was good: I was tidy-headed and I'm going to do the same tomorrow to make sure it flows neatly, and to write a narrative alongside the Powerpoint presentation I created today. I have no idea how many people have read my book on women producers but I think everyone should, because of course it's about much more than that.

Here it is, in case you haven't: https://www.equinoxpub.com/home/shes-at-the-controls/

The brain energy got used up fairly quickly and I needed to go to pick up my new spectacles. What a disaster! I can't see through them. Thankfully my old ones are still perfectly good and all that's required is a bit of complaint-energy to get the new ones replaced. Why are the simple things in life so difficult?



No comments: