Sunday, August 15, 2021

Flaketube

A few months ago, Youtube started tinkering with 'views' on the Fatberg video posted there by Gare du Nord on mine and Willie Gibson's behalf. The 'views' had gone up to well over two thousand, then suddenly dipped to much less. Gradually they rose again, fell, and have finally consolidated at just over two thousand. This has also happened with one that I posted myself, with a lot fewer views; every time I look, it's lost ten more views. Soon it will have a minus number!

To add insult to injury, they have started putting ads on personal video uploads without passing on the income, and without uploaders being consulted about what is advertised on their videos. I had no idea this was going to happen, because of course I didn't read the small print of the last thing I consented to. The video is question is the one for A Good Life With A Bad Apple, which like Fatberg (which so far has avoided being targeted for an ad), has more than 2000 views. It's tempting to just take it down and re-upload it, to be honest. I will consider that; my 'views' are so small anyway that it makes sense to delete and re-upload at regular intervals to avoid getting spammed by unwanted ads from a greedy service provider!

No comments: