Thursday, June 27, 2019

Sweaty And Squashed On Friday Night

This is going to be bloody brilliant. It's the best night in town. Sometimes I'm sitting at home bored and I remember that it's a Scaledown night and hare down there as quickly as possible.
There is always something challenging mixed in with the glorious discoveries but that makes it all the better. It is also the friendliest place you could possible go to. A couple for years ago I found myself up sh*t creek without a paddle, isolated and miserable, and I was blown away by the friendliness of the Scaledown crowd. They seem have a lot of birthdays, rather like Her Majesty, but they are all better than the one before. It gets hot, sweaty and slightly off-kilter as the presenters Sean and Mark get gradually more sloshed on red wine, while Jude remains clear headed and calm. I've seen some of the funniest things ever at this place as well as some of the most annoying, and indeed some of the most impossible to describe.
Nothing lasts more than 15 minutes, which is just about perfect for a Friday night.
Yippee- and I get to play too!

No comments: