Thursday, June 20, 2019

From the Servant Jazz Quarters Last Night

This is Emma Deerful, me and Robert Rotifer. What lovely songs; Emma makes chip-tune sounding music out of an obsolete programming language and sings the most beautiful melodies into the resulting soundscapes. It's a complete delight to hear properly crafted songs with such an unusual sonic signature.
Listen here: https://deerful.bandcamp.com
Robert sings about now in the most heartbreaking way. Standing next to some very dear friends from Europe, I could not help crying. He also has the key to the secret chord cupboard, which I am going to borrow when he is looking the other way. Listen here: https://robertrotifer.bandcamp.com
Thank you for coming, friends, and thank you to Ian Button for inviting us all to play.
I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to hear so much amazing music in such a short space of time before. I will try to write more about last weekend's gigs when there's a bit of time off this weekend.
Thanks for the photograph to Mandy Prowse.

No comments: