Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Course and Coughs

I had stuck in to a wonderful written romp through a training course that I did yesterday, and then realised that I'd probably get the trainer into trouble. Oh but he was clever! He seamlessly blended a devastating critique of senior management into a talk about carrying boxes correctly (including demo with willing but rather foolish volunteer) and fire instructions.
Ho ho!
That's the sort of training I like!
Today I'm trying to sort out the running order for the songs on the new album- mainly by playing them as a set. I still have a cough- it's that bloody pollen from the fields of yellow flars that stretch the length and breadth of Hertfordshire, so I coughed my way through the second part of it. Time for antihistamines, then another go. I think they are sounding really good. It has been great working with Ian.
It looks like New York is going to happen too. Effing Hell. I will get my fares paid, and two days accommodation, to go and talk about Oh Bondage! Up Yours. I'm still only halfway through writing it. All I really want to say is 'I like this record, and Poly was a genius', but that's not 6000 words, is it?
I should write more now, but I'm busy....

Also: why don't I ever take the advice I give myself in my own songs?


No comments: