Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Bits

Today's been a bits day; there have been lists written on bus tickets, corners of magazines, envelopes and all sort of other scraps of paper, and they had to be acted upon at some time.
So the lovely beige 70s phone with working dial went back to Past Times (dial not working after only being used about 15 times).
The resulting refund bought half a week's shopping including catfood for Whippernapper, who has brought on this belt-tightening episode.
I wrote to Ashgate asking if they're going to bring out a paperback, 'cos if not, I will try to find a publisher who will.
I looked for lashings of grey wool in the loft to give to Gina, who is making 'Birchbags', felted wool bags with spotty linings. Alas, Gina, I fear I gave it to the charity shop before I moved.
I put a newspaper on the floor in an attempt to find out if the constant puddle is coming from above or below the vinyl flooring.
I cleared a runway in my room; shelves are going up tomorrow so I might even be able to walk in front of the window from now on!
I read the newspaper and recycled it half an hour later.
I drew a poster for Club Artyfartle and messed up the writing so I'll have to do it again.
I wrote to my students about the mysterious field trip I'm taking them on on Thursday.
I ate liquorice.
I threw away the bits of paper that I'd done the things written on (?)
I wrote this.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I didn't comment on your earlier posts as I've had a problem (which Typepad hopefully have sorted, but I'm using a different id to comment just in case so I don't have to type this again) but I just wanted to say Suzi Quattro has a cheek to criticise anyone else's musical standards - as a classical musician, she prostituted her talent with the dreadful records she made!!