Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Recording, Or Not As The Case May Be

On the baby's bottom on the baby's knee
Where will the David Dimbleby?
On the baby's bottom on the baby's knee
Just ask the BBC

What a relief, I can feel that I'm getting better.
The library books in their cloudy PVC covers have gone back to their mates on the 'Crime' shelves, secretly solving each other's cases when the world is asleep.

I tried to record a song on Garageband today but I'm not better enough for that yet- it's the patience you need, because it's so difficult to edit the soundwaves in comparison to Logic Audio. I did two versions of the song, one with a mirror-image guitar on another track and the two tracks panned left and right, which worked really well to swell out the guitar sound, but when I tried to apply the track-tune to them both, they went out of synch and phased horribly, and I just couldn't be fagged to sort it out.
So I ate an apple instead and conserved my energy for tomorrow, when I hope to go over to Gina's and spend a gentle morning sewing banners and catching up on her news.
On Thursday evening, I hope to go along to play some songs at a poetry evening in Tottenham. I think John Hegley will be reading some poetry, and I hope there will be lots of oddball musicians and poets there.

I'm looking forward to the weekend too, as I know I will be healthy as a Spring Chicken by then and will be bouncing and cheeping like nobody's business!

No comments: