Saturday, July 18, 2009

Change the Subject

Virus, I'm ignoring you from now on-OK?

I was looking... I have more than enough songs for another album. But what sort of collection of songs? There are a bunch of cheerfully mindless ones (or should that be mindlessly cheerful?) or some darker songs. The trick is to pick'n'mix, but which, which, which?

A beautiful bunch of get-well flowers arrived yesterday afternoon, delivered by a woman who clearly loved her delivery job- she was terribly excited and smiling all over her face. I thought that was sweet, and I thought having flowers sent was sweet too! They are here beside me making me feel treasured and posh. I will put a dress on and waft about the house. I wonder if there is any Earl grey tea in the cupboard?

The four surfing teenage boys pas through again tomorrow. Offsprog One will have to deal with it all, and has been told that they must not be noisy at night (actually they weren't too bad at all). This time I have to do a check before they leave, as they were all set to go off having locked the toilet window open and lost the key.
I had to be military in my insistence that the key was found; you never leave the security-consciousness behind after living somewhere like break-in-a-minute Camberwell. Eventually, one of them found it behind the bins; it had tumbled out and hidden itself. What was the point of being cross? I was just relieved it had turned up because a new window would have cost a fortune that I don't have. It is modern and plastic, and most stuff like that, you can't get hold of just one part for, you have to replace the whole lot.

Another day of reading detective novels beckons. Was it me, was it you, was it him, was it her? I don't even care, frankly; it just passes the time until I'm better.

No comments: