Saturday, June 16, 2007

I could sleep on a chicken's lip

I've just driven back from last night's gig in Leicester through about 15 rainstorms to work (yes, me and those little rugger-playing tykes at private schools ar busy on Saturday mornings!).
The gig was great, at the De Montfort Hall. Little Bruv went to see Johnny Cash there and the first two rows of seats were taken up by Leicester's dustmen!
I went on as Martin's guest- it was a sort of festival and there were children there who seemed to really like my songs. Good job they didn't realise that one was about sex (Temptation) and the other about drugs (Heaven Avenue). I sang the Airship Song with Martin and we were going to do Loverman but I chickened out because we didn't have time to rehearse it before the gig and I'm still a bit wet behind the ears as far as tasking risks with songs is concerned especially in such a massive venue with such good sound! It was really good to play in a big place again, which I haven't done for at least 20 years.
It's Little Bruv's birthday today and we're going to Greenwich Park to get rained on and I'm not going to eat Scotch Eggs. Who invented them? They are horrible.

No comments: