Monday, May 01, 2006

Is it that time already?

Ho..hum.. I have been sleeping... went out on Saturday to interview the Slits, just Ari and the new girls as Tessa wasn't feeling well. It was very interesting, we were talking about the Charleston and Bo Diddley and Dancehall rhythms and how similar they all were to each other. Stupidly, I'd put the wrong DAT tapes in my bag and only could record 35 minutes but the slot's only an hour and I think Nadya will give me some of their new tracks to play and of course, I'll play Charleston, Bo Diddley and Beenie Man. Nadya was saying how she's interested in being a rhythm guitarist and not a lead guitarist, and this is what Viv thought too, so that's interesting. Ari was on top form and saying how she wants to play prisons and girls schools (not much difference!). Then we went to a Thai vegan restaurant and talked girl talk- mind your own business!
As for the book- now I have to find 15 copyright photos that no-one's used before- urgh! But I think the thing is almost finished although Caroline Coon sent me an email just the other day with a new female keyboard player I should talk to particularly as she played with the Stranglers and I have a very interesting quote from Hugh Cornwell saying that girls shoudn't be in bands because they are too emotional. How odd- I always thought emotion was rather important to musicians!
Which reminds me, I am halfway thru a new song. I think I'll go and play that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re quote. Might as well replace musicians with computers then.

But who would get the royalties? Bill Gates?