Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Still tired but motor running again

Ah- turn on your radio, Gina Birch has just called and she's on Radio 4 Woman's Hour this morning talking about the punky time... I would love to talk to members of Delta 5 and the Au Pairs who played bass or guitar....
I've got a series of gigs coming up, and will post them tomorrow or later today when I've done a bit more transcribing of interviews.
I also did an interview myself a few days ago for No Class Fanzine
www.noclass.co.uk/fanzine.html which follows up the Chefs one I mentioned a few postings ago. They are going to review the Helen ans the Horns Etc CD soon as well.
What else? I am still waiting on tenterhooks to see if BJ Cole has finished my tracks- he's playing on two of them. I have posted a new one on Myspace, www.myspace.com/helenmccookerybook called Colour My Day which has Allan Bradbury from The Irrepressibles playing cello on it. He played on 3 tracks but this one's the only one that's mixed so far. I am pleased because Dubulah from Temple of Sound says he'd like to do some live stuff with me- we have done stuff in the past and that should be a larf as he's an ace guitarist. Guitars rule! (fickle ex-bass-player speaks). Final gossipy thing- Paul Laventhol, one of the guitarists from King Kurt, is coming to talk to the students at the University where I work on Thursday.
Make me a cup of tea, please!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was listening to the thing on R4 and thought of you and your book... :)
Here's some tea...

Rob said...

I enjoyed Colour My Day and the other tracks there as well. I honestly didn't realise you were still recording, but it's great that you are.I'm pleased to find your blog.

Anonymous said...

Bah, missed Radio4.

Have to concur with all Rob Mackenzie said. You're in fine voice too. :)