Wednesday, February 22, 2006

SNAPCRACKLEPOP!

Yesterday evening I interviewed Ari in the 12 Bar. What a firework! She absolutely fizzes with energy and she got very angry with stuff that had gone on in the past with the Slits- and that made her really articulate and specific about it all- I can't wait to transcribe it- I was carrying the tape home like it was a consignment of diamonds or something! I keep forgetting how tough we all were, really tough, back then. It's impossible to explain what is was like to have everybody against you, a bit like being an outlaw I suppose but that's a far too romantic way of looking at it. It was so very violent as well as being completely exciting and inspiring, with nothing to lose and everything to gain. I wish I could remember how to scream, because I would do it, VERY LOUDLY INDEEED!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love to read that interview Hels, where might it appear?