Friday, February 22, 2008

Ladyfest Goldsmiths

I'm going to Ladyfest Goldsmiths today- Gina Birch is talking (or playing, not sure which) and Angela McRobbie's doing a talk.
I arranged to meet her there a few years ago to talk to her for my book (she knew the Au Pairs really well and she also offered to contact Lesley Woods for me), and I waited for an hour outside her office but she never arrived.
Later, after I'd emailed her to ask where she's been, she emailed back to say I should have waited.
Should I have? I don't know. I never got to talk to her and never got to interview Lesley, alas.

I've already polished the hall floor, in the fun way which is just as knackering as the not-fun way, but it's more fun.
You put the polish on the floor and then you get the dusters and put them on your feet and do the twist and then walk like a cartoon dog that doesn't take it's feet off the floor until the floor is shiny.

I am going to play some childrens' songs on the first of March at St Peter's Church in West London. I am a little peeved as everybody cutting-edge on the bill (the Raincoats, Pete Astor, some cool DJs etc etc) have been advertised but I have not. To repair my self-respect I am going to get dressed up to the nines. I might even wear mascara and put my seriously allergic eyes at risk. Bah!
I have also ordered a Burl Ives CD so that I can play the campest 50s-est set in the universe.
If you want to singalonga Three Little Fishies, come along, also dressed up to the nines, and be my Fan. I will make camp faces at you, wink knowingly, and bellow a chorus just for you.

Hey, I've moaned in this posting! Promise not to do that tomorrow.

No comments: