Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Northern Line Game

I took Mike his sporran-splitter today- I'll know when he's consumed it because his sporran will be split! The fantastic Actionettes are dancing on Saturday at The Pleasure Unit in Bethnal Green- see www.actionettes.com
On the way back I was remembering the game we used to play. Who lives at Mill Hill East? The Mill Hill Beast. What does he eat? The Mill Hill Feast. Does he eat the Mill Hill most? (and so on, all the way to the Beast being married by the Mill Hill Priest). You could do all the others as well- the Belsize Park Lark, the Golders Green Queen, and perhaps south of the river, the Tooting Bec Wreck. All a bit of a Burnt Oak joke, innit?
Guess what- Martin from the Daintees has asked me to play support with them in Newcastle in December- they are doing some reformed Daintees gigs. That's where I was born, Newcastle General Hospital, used to go ice skating at Tynemouth Ice Rink, a few years after I was born of course, and for years they had nothing to play but 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' by Andy Williams. To this day, every time I hear that song I get sore feet along the line where the blade presses through the sole of the skating boot.

Oh yes- the interview with the SLits will be broadcast on Tuesday 23rd May on Resonance at 7 p.m. and streamed on www.resonancefm.com

No comments: