Monday, October 05, 2026

Faffing

I've already been faffing today- did I choose the right banjo take? Would the clawhammer be better, scratching away? I tried it, and it isn't- but I'll do just a vocal and clawhammer mix for fun later on.

I've been running through the songs: my smashed fingers rip still a bit dicey but it'll do for the gig next Sunday.

I'm also within sneezing distance of finishing the pilot community radio show I'm doing. I've interviewed Molly Tie and Johny Brown ( postcard from Newcastle and postcard to Newcastle), Little Bruv has chosen some tracks from the area and done mini-intros, I've scripted and recorded mine, and now I think I'll do a jingle! Currently the washing machine is on, so not till later when the swishing's finished.

Yesterday evening I didn't an interview with Jane Duffus for her zine about the punk embroideries that I do. Jane embroiders too. It's a slow, but very therapeutic, process and it's the first time anyone's interviewed me about my arty stuff!

No comments: