Friday, August 28, 2026

Contributions

Today is very much working around the edges, because I've had to pack everything up for a bit. I did some useful editing yesterday (oh what a difference it makes!), but just now I had a go at adding some contributors' stuff to one of the tracks and I got a big lump in my throat. 

It's just the spirit: people have not been beaten down by life, I can hear it, and that is fantastically hopeful .

The overarching psychopathy of global politics is to make people feel powerless, hopeless and small. When you get together with a bunch of fighty people, whether on- or offline, you remember that you are not alone. The Venn diagram of what musicians have in common is sometimes chaotic and illegible- but it's there nonetheless whether overt or symbolic. 

Long live the way we organise our sound and resistance!

No comments: