Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Singing

Hooray! After weeks, I can sing well enough to record! 

I did the most difficult song this morning, and another one which I may have to re-record tomorrow. It's such a relief.

The effing pigeons were at the bird feeder, and because I was so annoyed with them, my voice changed to an angry tone when I was dropping in a line, and I won't know till tomorrow if it's perceptible or not.

Early this morning, the sparrow gang put a baby sparrow in the gutter and started to feed it. I think it must have just fledged, and they were looking after it. There are probably chirps in the background of many of the vocal tracks, and possibly the odd wheezing flap of pigeon's wings. Don't tell anyone.

I may try another song this afternoon...

How strange and exciting to think that I'm going to be able to finish this album.

How sad that Francoise Hardy has died. I'm going to listen to her music this afternoon as well. She had a beautiful voice, and a beautiful songwriter's gift.

No comments: