Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Something New: A Break From Editing

My inbox zinged this afternoon with a message from Toni Tubna: could Robert and me add bass and vocals to this tune by the new band The Grensons?

Well, I'm off on my travels to The Toon and Manchester this coming weekend, so I sat down straight away with my bass and played along with the song. In my hurry, I sent an mp3 with the metronome click still on it. Silly me! Primary School level mistake. It was nice to think about a bass line: I still haven't really thought whether to put bass on my new music or not. I'll decide next week.

Tomorrow, I'll have a shot at some backing vocals on the track. It's nice to have a new collaboration and stretch my brain cells.

Meanwhile, here's the drawing from last night's Marc Riley listen-in on BBCRadio 6. I can't remember where I took this photograph. Weirdly I think it's from Earl's Court rather that Whitby, which might make more sense as it's obviously from a hotel or bed and breakfast. Anyway, the dog seemed to think that its toy was extremely important to passers-by. 

It was! I took a picture and drew the scene. Nice and simple for a Monday night, drawn along to Kathryn Willians, The Lovely Eggs, Nadine Shah and Laura Marling. Perfect.



No comments: